Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An organophosphorus insecticide derived from pyrimidine.
- ‘Recommended chemical treatments include such common insecticides as permethrin, malathion, diazinon and sevin.’
- ‘These results are consistent with the DNA damage detected in the lymphocytes in peripheral blood in 8 individuals, following residential exposure to the organophosphorus insecticides chlorpyrifos and diazinon.’
- ‘Insecticides - most commonly carbaryl, diazinon, and malathion - were detected more frequently in urban streams than in agricultural streams.’
- ‘In urban areas, insecticides such as diazinon and malathion which are commonly used on lawns and gardens were found in nearly all of the streams that were sampled.’
- ‘The herbicides alachlor and atrazine and the pesticide diazinon may be to blame.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips