Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A drug which inhibits the replication of HIV and is used in the treatment of AIDS, especially in combination with zidovudine. It is a synthetic analogue of a pyrimidine nucleoside.
- ‘We depleted NT2 cells of their endogenous mtDNA by prolonged treatment with dideoxycytidine, thus creating the desired line.’
- ‘‘Coined’ abbreviations such as HCTZ, AZT, T3, PCN, U, and ddC are not acceptable medical abbreviations, may be misinterpreted, and may cause drug errors.’
- ‘The CNS distribution of ddC is similar to that of ddI in humans.’
- ‘Acyclovir and ddC were used as a positive control of HSV and ADV, respectively.’
- ‘The DNA was treated with 500 units of terminal transferase (Boehringer Mannheim, Indianapolis) in the presence of ddC according to manufacturer's instructions.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips