Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A synthetic drug used as a coronary vasodilator to treat angina, and to reduce platelet aggregation and hence the chance of thrombosis.
- ‘Taking aspirin with dipyridamole reduces platelet accumulation at the anastomosis.’
- ‘Clopidogrel should be used in patients with true intolerance to aspirin (allergy or intractable side effects on low dose enteric coated aspirin with or without antiulcer drugs); dipyridamole alone does not prevent cardiac events.’
- ‘Antiplatelet drugs, such as low dose aspirin or dipyridamole, are used in patients with bioprosthesis in sinus rhythm and in addition to anticoagulants in the high risk patients with mechanical valves.’
- ‘The fixed-dose combination of extended-release dipyridamole and aspirin combines two antiplatelet agents with different modes of action.’
- ‘Antiplatelet agents, including aspirin and dipyridamole, should not be given within 72 hours before surgery in patients with end-stage renal disease or uremic chronic kidney disease.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips