Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
(especially as a direction) sweetly and softly.‘this theme is to be performed dolce with changing dynamics’
- ‘Though marked pianissimo and dolce, Piano I intensifies the accompaniment of the bell effects.’
- ‘My next solo was also marked piano dolce.’
- ‘So the question is: Can flutes play dolce music?’
- ‘The third of a triad may be emphasized above its root or fifth to create a ‘sweeter’ quality in a dolce passage.’
- ‘The piano is often in the leading parts, and the accompanying parts play piano dolce, that's almost an entire degree softer, on the way to pianissimo.’
Performed in a sweet and soft manner.
- ‘the dolce movement may prove a discovery for admirers’
Italian, literally ‘sweet’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips