Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1(of an object) fixed firmly and deeply in a surrounding mass; implanted.
- ‘a gold ring with nine embedded stones’
- 1.1Linguistics (of a phrase or clause) placed within another clause or sentence.
- ‘the embedded sentence has no overt introducer’
- 1.2(of a microprocessor) designed and built as an integral part of a system or device.
- ‘medical equipment using embedded controllers’
2(of a journalist) attached to a military unit during a conflict.
- ‘embedded journalists were scrutinized for their ability to report with independence’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips