Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
Stick one's middle finger up at someone as a sign of contempt or anger.
- ‘He sticks his hand out the window and flips me the bird.’
- ‘She stuck her arm behind her back and flipped me the bird.’
- ‘Without hesitation I started walking away, Billy started yelling for me, pleading for me to turn around, but I stuck my hand in the air and flipped him the bird.’
- ‘Dustin tried to flick him a thumbs-up sign, however, out of nervousness he flipped him the bird instead, accidentally, of course.’
- ‘Alya was about to flip him the bird, but changed her mind and stuck out her tongue instead.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips