Denoting quantum states or wave functions which do not change sign on inversion through the origin.The opposite of u
From German gerade ‘even’.
The acceleration due to gravity, equal to 9.81 m/s².
nounplural noun Gs, plural noun G's
1The seventh letter of the alphabet.thousand dollars, thousand pounds
- 1.1Denoting the next after F in a set of items, categories, etc.
- 1.2gChess Denoting the seventh file from the left, as viewed from White's side of the board.
The fifth note in the diatonic scale of C major.
- 2.1A key based on a scale with G as its keynote.
2in combination (in units of measurement) giga- (10⁹)
- ‘up to 79 Gbytes of mass data storage’
3North American informal Grand (a thousand dollars)
- ‘I was up nine Gs on the blackjack tables’
4A unit of acceleration equal to that produced by the earth's gravitational field.
- ‘I was pinned to the floor by six Gs!’
1North American General audiences, a rating for a film that is suitable for all ages.
Gibbs free energy.
The gravitational constant, equal to 6.67 × 10⁻¹¹ N m² kg⁻².