A northern constellation (the Twins), said to represent the twins Castor and Pollux, whose names are given to its two brightest stars.
The third sign of the zodiac, which the sun enters about 21 May.
3A series of twelve manned American orbiting spacecraft, launched in the 1960s in preparation for the Apollo programme.
A person born when the sun is in the sign of Gemini.
- ‘When I mentioned my theory to her, she told me that she was supposed to have been born a Gemini, but was premature and ended up being a Pisces.’
- ‘He was a Gemini, the sign of the twins, and a superstitious one.’
- ‘Do you have a Gemini chatterbox or a Scorpio sulker on your hands?’
- ‘Miscommunication is easy under the influence of the talkative signs of Gemini and Sagittarius.’
- ‘If you are a Gemini, for instance, you will probably have many of the traits common to all Geminis.’
Used with preceding Greek letter or numeral to designate a star in the Gemini constellation.‘the star Eta Geminorum’
Latin, plural of geminus ‘twin’. Geminorum is the genitive form of Gemini.