Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The latitude at which a planet would appear if viewed from the centre of the earth.
- ‘Geodetic and geocentric latitude can differ by as much as 10 arcminutes at mid latitudes.’
- ‘Additionally, the relationship between geocentric latitude at the planet's surface and geodetic latitude is used.’
- ‘Convert the geodetic latitudes to geocentric latitudes and then solve the above spherical triangle using the geocentric values.’
- ‘The treatment of geodetic latitudes as geocentric latitudes should be emulated in reverse by interpreting geocentric latitudes for HRAP cells as geodetic latitudes.’
- ‘A night observation of Jupiter with that planet entering an area corresponding to the geocentric latitudes of 15 to 17 degrees would point to the constellation Virgo.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips