1Merchandise or possessions.‘imports of luxury goods’
merchandise, wares, stock, commodities, line, lot, produce, products, articles, solutionsproperty, possessions, personal possessions, personal effects, effects, worldly goods, chattels, goods and chattels, valuables, accoutrements, appurtenances, paraphernalia, trappingsView synonyms
- ‘stolen goods’
- ‘the market price of an agricultural good’
- 1.1British Things to be transported, as distinct from passengers.‘a means of transporting passengers as well as goods’
freight, cargoView synonyms
- ‘a goods train’
- 1.2the goodsinformal The genuine article.
- ‘the team proved on Friday that they are the goods’
- get the goods on
Obtain information about (someone) that may be used to their detriment.
- ‘he planned to hire a private eye to get the goods on his persecutors’
Possess information about (someone) which may be used to their detriment.
- ‘you don't lie to the FBI when they already have the goods on you’
Do what is expected or required of one.
- ‘we knew we were setting a tough task, but the team have come up with the goods’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips