1The action or process of adding notes to a melody to produce harmony.‘there are chords that are commonly used in the harmonization of songs’
- ‘the second movement is a dramatic adagio with lush piano harmonizations’
- 1.1The action of singing or playing in harmony.‘harmonization is a different sort of skill than vocal technique’
- ‘his voice is supported and enhanced by harmonizations’
2The fact or process of producing a pleasing visual combination.
- ‘the wonderful harmonization of the colours in her work is impressive’
3The action or process of making something consistent or compatible.
- ‘the reports have led to calls for greater harmonization of tax laws’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips