Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1North American informal Leave; depart.
go away, depart, leave, take off, get out, get out of my sight
- ‘Rather than hurrying to finish my last doodle, I carefully pack it away in my bag and, along with the rest of my gear, haul off to my locker.’
- 1.1Withdraw a little before doing something, especially making a violent action.
- ‘he hauled off and smacked the kid’
- ‘Suddenly without warning, he hauls off and smacks her across the face.’
- ‘He growled and I didn't hesitate this time to just haul off and smack him.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips