Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
Characterized by opposite or alternating polarity.‘All cells in the colony are heteropolar, and all setae are directed toward one end of the chain.’
- ‘Valves bilaterally symmetrical, isopolar and circular, or heteropolar and subcircular or ± elliptical, with one pole smoothly rounded and the other very slightly pointed.’
- ‘A typical heteropolar magnetic bearing system is shown in the figure below.’
- ‘The low-frequency noise spectral density with the 1 / f spectrum for homopolar and heteropolar semi-conductors is theoretically obtained taking into account conduction electron - optical phonon interactions.’
- ‘By contrast, the reversible stage of photoinduced effects were caused by two different types of transformations - heteropolar bonds switching in homopolar ones, as well as heteropolar bridge bonds switching in short layer ones.’
- 1.1(especially of an electric motor) with an armature passing north and south magnetic poles alternately.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips