Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A salt or ester of hippuric acid.
- ‘Unfortunately, the needle-shaped forms are often confused with hippurate.’
- ‘Methenamine hippurate is an antibiotic which is used to treat and prevent urinary tract infections.’
- ‘Glycine and sodium benzoate are produced upon the hydrolysis of sodium hippurate by the enzyme hippuricase.’
- ‘The benzene rings of the hippurates are in ‘orientational disorder’ adopting two different orientations.’
- ‘Hexamine hippurates is helpful for preventing and treating infections of the urinary system; it acts by being transformed to formaldehyde.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips