1With reference to the inner surface or structure of something; inside.
- ‘ammunition is mounted internally in the fuselage’
- 1.1On the inside of the body.
- ‘he was bleeding internally from an ulcer’
- 1.2Used to indicate that something occurs or comes from within an organization, country, etc.‘the job was advertised internally’
- ‘the party is deeply divided internally’
- 1.3Used to indicate that something is experienced in one's mind rather than being expressed.‘his voice always made me cringe internally’
- ‘she sighed internally’
Using the main memory rather than a disk or tape drive.
- ‘the data is stored internally’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips