Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
2An admission that the speaker has been caught doing wrong and deserves punishment.
- ‘He was never going to say ‘Alright, it's a fair cop.’’
- ‘I am not going to say it's a fair cop because my parking space was pinched!’
- ‘Now terminally-ill, Mr Bacon is looking at spending his declining years behind bars, but he still says it's a fair cop.’
- ‘I have very frequently accused Walter Hill of taking too much from the directing style of Sam Peckinpah (The Wild Bunch), and it's a fair cop as evidenced in various scenes in Southern Comfort.’
- ‘There's nothing stopping you from shrugging your shoulders, admitting it's a fair cop, and sending the deactivation signal.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips