Relating to Judaism or the ancient Jews.‘tenets of Judaic law’
- ‘In their philosophical work, both relied on texts drawn from Biblical, Talmudic, and other Judaic sources.’
- ‘They specialise in sacred music from ancient and medieval cultures, particularly Judaic, Sephardic, Christian and Tibetan Buddhist.’
- ‘It gave high priority to establishing yeshivas, religious academies devoted to the study of Judaic texts and law.’
- ‘Karen added, ‘I wanted Judaic art, and Marc wanted something musical.’’
- ‘Each academic year over 1,000 students enroll in undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral courses taught by the Judaic Studies faculty.’
Early 17th century from Latin Judaicus, from Greek Ioudaïkos, from Ioudaios (see Jew).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips