Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1A weight in professional boxing of 57.1–59 kilograms.
- 1.1count noun A junior lightweight boxer.‘One week later, we competed at the Gold's Classic and she placed first as an open heavyweight and took the overall championship, and I placed first as a junior lightweight and took the overall championship.’
- ‘As a junior lightweight in the early 1970s, he lost on points against Yoshiaka Numata for the world title.’
- ‘He may even be at his ultimate, pinnacle prime, according to his friend Robbie Peden who is himself the current IBF no. 1 ranked junior lightweight in the world.’
- ‘He was one of the best junior lightweights and he has the skills to be the best lightweight fighter.’
- ‘In his fifth fight at junior lightweight, he fought WBC junior lightweight and long-time reigning champ Alfredo Escalera.’
- 1.1count noun A junior lightweight boxer.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips