1in combination (in units of measurement) kilo-
- ‘a distance of 700 kpc’
2see K (abbreviation)
1A constant in a formula or equation.
1The eleventh letter of the alphabet.thousand dollars, thousand pounds
- 1.1Denoting the next after J in a set of items, categories, etc.
1Cambodia (international vehicle registration).
- ‘it uses only 10K of RAM’
- ‘a 10K fun run’
- ‘K, I'm back’
6North American Kindergarten.
- ‘school districts may hire uncertified pre-K teachers’
7King (used especially in describing play in card games and recording moves in chess)‘declarer overruffed with ♦K and led another spade’
8Knit (as an instruction in knitting patterns)
- ‘K 42 rows’
9Köchel (catalogue of Mozart's works)
- ‘the Sinfonia Concertante, K364’
10(also k)informal Thousand (used chiefly in expressing salaries or other sums of money)
- ‘he earns about £50K a year’
The chemical element potassium.