Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A white or grey clay mineral which is the chief constituent of kaolin.
- ‘In this case the surrounding sediment matrix is dominated by detrital quartz and illite along with various other clay minerals (e.g. kaolinite and chlorite).’
- ‘Vein minerals are barite, calcite, chalcopyrite, kaolinite, pyrite, sphalerite, and wurtzite.’
- ‘These include clay minerals such as kaolinite and talc, micas, montmorillonites, and the remainder of the asbestos minerals including chrysotile (white asbestos).’
- ‘Sandstones with this component contain authigenic hematite intergrown with kaolinite and illite and replacing muscovite.’
- ‘In the presence of kaolinite and illite, aggregate sizes were smaller and sinking rates lower than in the presence of smectite and quartz.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips