Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
An improvised dwelling or shelter.
- ‘they rigged up a kipsie for me, and gave me everything I wanted’
- ‘Their own little place was what the locals would call a kipsie, which had a door to keep the draughts out and a large, lumpy straw mattress.’
- ‘I seen her in me mind, in our own little kipsie, bye an' bye.’
- ‘Home to our kipsies we've wandered.’
- ‘It's time to leave the kipsie and pretend to do something meaningful, like real research.’
- ‘They call it "the kipsie" and use it for their coffee breaks.’
Early 20th century perhaps from kip.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips