Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1A table in a kitchen, typically used for informal meals.
- ‘they sat around the kitchen table talking late into the night’
- 1.1as modifier Denoting occupations or activities that take place in the home or on a small-scale or part-time basis.
minor, small-scale, small, kitchen table
- ‘the fashion brand has grown from a kitchen table start-up to an international label in just three years’
- 1.2North American as modifier Denoting or relating to issues, concerns, etc. that affect ordinary people.
commonplace, ordinary, common, usual, regular, familiar, conventional, run-of-the-mill, typical, standard, stock, plain, workaday, kitchen table
- ‘he focused on the everyday kitchen table issues that people care about—healthcare, education, and tax’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips