A large constellation (the Lion), said to represent the lion slain by Hercules. It contains the bright stars Regulus and Denebola and numerous galaxies.
The fifth sign of the zodiac, which the sun enters about 23 July.
A person born when the sun is in the sign of Leo.‘Like all the fire signs, Leos are idealistic and don't hold back from expressing their passion.’
- ‘Statistics show many accomplished actors in Hollywood and television are Leos, and many have Moon signs in Cancer as well.’
- ‘Most Leos dream of getting rich by just being themselves.’
- ‘These so-called scientists have got to be Leos.’
- ‘Along with the usual info, it said ‘No Virgos or Leos please.’’
postpositive Used with preceding Greek letter or numeral to designate a star in the Leo constellation.
- ‘the star Omicron Leonis’
Latin. Leonis is the Latin genitive form of Leo.