Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A person who studies or collects butterflies and moths.
- ‘Some lepidopterists believe that the Xerces Blue was the same species as Silvery Blue.’
- ‘A rare comma butterfly was spotted in the garden in Grassington of lepidopterist James Birdsall.’
- ‘It could be likened to the specialised needs of a lepidopterist researching the markings of a species of butterflies to be found only in Borneo.’
- ‘Although I am a lepidopterist, not a visual ecologist, I am often asked just what colors in flowers best attract butterflies.’
- ‘‘Butterflies’ relates the story of a lepidopterist who has sought a visa to enter the United States.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips