Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
A single piece of type that prints a word, a group of separate letters, or a logo.
- 1.1A logo.‘Gurus like Wally Olins preached the value of making your strategy visible through symbols, logotypes, colors and typefaces.’
- ‘An embossed logotype of the manufacturer is glued to each module.’
- ‘She had already been revamped several times since her birth as a logotype in 1914.’
- ‘Instead of a conventional graphic logotype, the emblem is simply the legend ‘Fair Trade ‘hand-lettered and underlined.’’
- ‘The picture appears to be meant as a sort of logotype to identify the kind of information included in the oval, although usually the value added by the picture is minimal at best.’
- 1.1A logo.
Early 19th century from Greek logos ‘word’ + type.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips