It is a long time since we last met (used as a greeting).
- ‘Mark, the instructor who I've mentioned before in a post said hi, and asked where I was… long time no see.’
- ‘I never stopped to say hello, long time no see.’
- ‘Sweetie, long time no see, where have you been hiding?’
- ‘‘Hello, long time no see,’ Astor remarked to Belinda as the ladies crowded into the somewhat ungenerous dressing room.’
- ‘Kevin turned around, and smiled politely, ‘Hey Conner, long time no see.’’
- ‘‘Hey Zoë, long time no see,’ he greeted casually.’
- ‘So nice of you to join us Andrew, long time no see.’
- ‘Hey there stranger, long time no see.’
- ‘‘Oh, hello, Ryan, long time no see,’ Adrienne's father, Michael Moore greeted me when I rang their doorbell.’
- ‘She was about to pick up one of her bags when she saw Sam looking at her, ‘Hi, long time no see.’’
Late 19th century originally intended to be a humorous representation of North American Indian speech.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips