A gathering or party at which people are encouraged to express feelings of friendship and physical attraction, associated with the hippies of the 1960s.
wild party, debauch, carousal, carouse, revel, revelry, bacchanalia, bacchanal, saturnalia, Dionysiacs
- ‘It was the early seventies, the height of love-ins and hippies.’
- ‘This week's Labour conference should not be a love-in aimed at demonstrating party unity.’
- ‘We had had a lot of media interest in our love-in but this is a total shock.’
- ‘But mostly, as you might expect, this is a joyous love-in.’
- ‘I am certainly no teenager or 20-something, I missed the 60-s love-ins and protests, I am more of a generation of late 70's, early 80's.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips