Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A literary or artistic genre in which realistic narrative and naturalistic technique are combined with surreal elements of dream or fantasy.
- ‘In her new collection of short fiction titled Engum Vaanam, she has introduced a number of narrative techniques that range from fantasy to magical realism.’
- ‘I'm really interested to know how you deal with incorporating surrealism or magical realism into your stories.’
- ‘His principal mode is literary realism, though his second novel invokes the magic realism of a Toni Morrison work in its portrait of Roscoe's father's ghost.’
- ‘Garcia Marquez's magical realism works by making the connection between the fantastic and the realistic seamless; he narrates utterly implausible and plausible events alike in the style of verisimilitude.’
- ‘The opening sequence borders on magic realism in its surreal progression from the plausible, to the credibility-straining, to over-the-top mayhem.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips