Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Inflammation of the mastoid process.
- ‘Differentiating otitis externa from acute mastoiditis may be difficult because of severe ear pain and the inability to visualize the tympanic membrane.’
- ‘It also did not mention that the advent of antibiotics has dramatically reduced the incidence of acute mastoiditis in acute otitis media.’
- ‘Because serious adverse effects such as mastoiditis and meningitis were rare in these pooled analyses, it is not possible to determine whether protocols of delayed treatment or no treatment might be harmful.’
- ‘However, one child who received antibiotics after 48 hours developed mastoiditis in the opposite ear six weeks after treatment.’
- ‘Complications from ear infections include mastoiditis (infections in the skull behind the ear) and meningitis.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips