Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
adjectiveadjective mealier, adjective mealiest
1Resembling or containing meal.‘a mealy flavour’
- ‘mealy puddings’
- ‘At my prompting, we sat outside, where the mealy smell of cooking grease gave way to carbon monoxide.’
- ‘Chana masala is an intense dish of chick peas in a hot and spicy masala sauce, which retains a lush mealy quality, often served with pilau rice.’
- 1.1(of a person's complexion, an animal's muzzle, or a bird's plumage) pale.
- ‘in its dark colour and mealy muzzle the Exmoor pony resembles the tarpan’
- 1.2(of part of a plant or fungus) covered with granules resembling meal.
fine, dry, fine-grained, powder-like, dusty, chalky, floury, mealy, sandy, crumbly, friable, granulated, granular
- ‘mealy leaves’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips