A fielding position on the leg side, level with the middle of the pitch.‘That didn't stop one old chap with his carrier bag from wandering in and plonking himself in a prime position at midwicket, before being ushered off-site by a bemused club official.’
- ‘When he stepped out next ball to lift, casually, between long-on and midwicket for a fourth six, finally we sensed that something might be up.’
- ‘The arc between midwicket and long-on received maximum attention as bowlers were left gasping, fielders hopeless and spectators expectant.’
- ‘His second-most prolific region was between mid-on and midwicket, through which he got three fours, including the one which got him his hundred.’
- ‘Ponting cracked 25 runs square on the leg side, and another 26 in the arc between midwicket and long on.’
- 1.1A fielder at midwicket.
- ‘It took a bit of time to figure out if you were the midwicket, fine leg, long off or deep gully.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips