Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1The twelfth letter of the Greek alphabet (Μ, μ), transliterated as ‘m’.‘In Braille, the same 1-3-4 dot combination designates the letter "mu" in Greek and "mim" in Arabic (both of which have an "m" sound).’
- ‘Permittivity (denoted by the Greek letter epsilon) is a measure of a material's response to an applied electric field, while permeability (denoted by the letter mu) is a measure of the material's response to an applied magnetic field.’
- ‘I am also looking to see if Word can do the Greek letter mu, or the Greek symbol for sigma.’
- 1.1Astronomy followed by Latin genitive The twelfth star in a constellation.‘Mu Cassiopeiae’
- ‘Mu Geminorum is a star in the constellation Gemini.’
- ‘For the rest of this week, asteroid Vesta is within 3 degrees lower left of Mu Virginis.’
- 1.2Physics as modifier Relating to muons.
- ‘mu particle’
2in combination ‘micro-’ in symbols for units.
- ‘the recommended daily amount is 750μg’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips