Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
Swelling of the skin and underlying tissues giving a waxy consistency, typical of patients with underactive thyroid glands.‘Patients with myxedema present with rough skin of the palms, soles, elbows and knees, and yellow-orange discoloration of the skin, along with other signs of hypothyroidism.’
- ‘The differential diagnosis includes venous stasis dermatitis, pretibial myxedema, filariasis, and ichthyosis.’
- ‘He supports this with reference to a retrospective analysis of the records of 50 patients with myxoedema.’
- ‘The presence of goiter, coarse hair, dry skin, carotenemia, and myxedema indicates hypothyroidism.’
- ‘I changed my hairdresser but the possibility of myxoedema did not enter my head.’
- 1.1The more general condition associated with hypothyroidism, including weight gain, mental dullness, and sensitivity to cold.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips