Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
A type of foam rubber used to make toys and sports equipment.‘Would nothing be dangerous if everything was made out of Nerf?’
- ‘a Nerf football’
1US informal Cause to be weak or ineffective.
- ‘the constant zone running nerfed Michigan's pass rush’
- ‘the government is nerfing our upload speeds’
- 1.1(of a video game developer) reduce the power of (a character, weapon, etc.) in a new instalment or update of a video game.
- ‘ever since they nerfed the shield, the game just isn't as fun’
- ‘the most used rifle has been subjected to nerfing’
1970s apparently an arbitrary formation.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips