Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1Christmas, especially as a refrain in carols and on Christmas cards.‘So this Noel, a trip to the City's business district may well pay off.’
Christmas, Christmastime, Christmastide, festive season
- ‘Since I have a little space left, Id like to wish each of you a Merry Christmas, Joyous Noel, Happy Hanukkah, and especially a Happy New Year.’
- ‘Catherine and I, with all our family, wish you a ‘Joyous Noel’ and a peaceful and happy New Year.’
- ‘Have a joyous Noel, all of you!’
- ‘Joyous Noel!’
- ‘This document contains the words and free sheet music to the traditional Christmas carol, The First Noel; the carol dates back many centuries and was first officially published in the early 1800's.’
- 1.1A Christmas carol.
- ‘at Christmas the club sang noels at the crib’
Early 19th century French Noël, based on Latin natalis (see natal).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips