Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Apparent attempted suicide without the actual intention of killing oneself.
- ‘Research shows that there is a strong association between socio-economic deprivation and parasuicide (unsuccessful suicide attempt).’
- ‘Attempted suicide, or parasuicide, is highest in Limerick city at 425 attempts per every 100,000 males.’
- ‘A total of 86 recommendations were made in this report relating to the provision of services, the prevention of suicide and parasuicide, intervention, aftercare, research and evaluation.’
- ‘It will be of particular interest to doctors, counsellors, teachers, nurses, Gardaí, clergy, chaplains, and to anyone who has encountered suicide and parasuicide in their work.’
- ‘But in contrast to the way suicide is predominantly carried out by males, parasuicide is much more common among females.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips