Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1informal, dated Used for emphasis or to express annoyance.
- ‘I could murder that perishing kid!’
- ‘you've been a perishing long time with that coffee!’
- ‘Even so… I winced, heavily, at the bottom line price of the perishing things.’
2informal predicative Extremely cold.
- ‘it's perishing in the tent’
- ‘Being so close to the Pacific means that the weather can be dicey: perishing cold, low cloud and sudden thaws on the lower slopes.’
- ‘And as well as it being perishing there was fierce wind and rain.’
- ‘Construction was difficult and carried on throughout the perishing winters as well.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips