Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
Expressing a strong reaction of relief, or of disgust at a smell.
- ‘phew, what a year!’
- ‘But it went well, phew, and it was great to see how much my presentation and Japanese has improved in 8 months.’
- ‘The major decisions in life have already been taken - phew.’
- ‘A couple of uninstalls and reinstalls fixed the problem - phew.’
- ‘No pins and needles, no numbness and full movement in all limbs - phew.’
- ‘Oh, phew… thought you girls might be from some gang or something.’
Early 17th century imitative of puffing.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips