Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1Sauce or paste made from crushed basil, garlic, and cheese, used especially in Provençal dishes.‘Elegantly wood-grilled shrimp are offset by a rough garlic confit and pistou.’
- ‘A little green-tasting basil pistou brought it all together.’
- ‘Homemade pistou, a basil-based condiment similar to pesto, garnishes the Vegetable-Orzo Soup.’
- ‘With the fish course (roasted fillet of monkfish with pistou, which Blanc pronounces, ‘not exceptional, but good’) we switch wines.’
- ‘And then she mentioned her marble mortar, the prerequisite tool to make pistou.’
- 1.1A thick vegetable soup made with pistou.
Provençal; compare with pesto.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips