A minute area of illumination on a display screen, one of many from which an image is composed.‘the camera scans photographs and encodes the image into pixels’
- ‘The image length in pixels multiplied by the width in pixels yields the total pixel count.’
- ‘It could be a one pixel by one pixel graphic the same color as the background.’
- ‘These techniques work at the level of the pixels, the minute areas of illumination which make up images.’
- ‘Use the tools on the left-hand side of your screen to edit these pixels and design your icon.’
- ‘Detecting the various frequency bands for each pixel in an image can take hours.’
1960s abbreviation of picture element (compare with pix).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips