A network of nerves or vessels in the body.‘Around the abdominal aorta, the aortic plexus of nerves can be identified.’
web, criss-cross, grid, lattice, net, matrix, mesh, webbing, tracery, trellis
- ‘The doubled veins may unite in front and behind the artery to form a plexus around that vessel.’
- ‘This nerve is considered by some authors as the most variable nerve of the lumbar plexus.’
- ‘The myenteric plexus of these appendix specimens had even thicker nerve bundles connecting an increased number of ganglion cells.’
- ‘The femoral, lateral cutaneous, and obturator nerves exit from the lumbar plexus.’
- 1.1An intricate network.
- ‘the plexus of international relations’
Mid 17th century from Latin, literally ‘plaited formation’, past participle of plectere ‘to plait’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips