The chemical element promethium.
1British The prime minister.
head of government, prime minister, PM, president, chief minister, chancellor
- ‘a private meeting with the PM’
autopsy, post-mortem examination, PM, dissection, necropsy
- ‘it was important to be present at the PM if the pathologist would allow it.’
3A private message sent on social media, an online forum, etc.
- ‘drop me a PM if you want more details’
verbPMs, PMing, PM'd, PMed[with object]informal
Send (someone) a private message on social media, an online forum, etc.
- ‘I'll PM you when I'm back online’
- ‘you said you'd PM'd me his number but I haven't received it’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips