Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The enhancing or amplification of an effect by its own influence on the process which gives rise to it.
- ‘We have emphasized the positive feedback and activation processes in autocrine relays.’
- ‘Does the positive feedback influence the robustness of the circadian oscillator?’
- ‘In addition, entrapment of gases cause the ethylene concentration to increase which can, in turn, induce its own biosynthesis due to positive feedback of the hormone.’
- ‘However, the function of this positive feedback loop in vivo is not clear.’
- ‘This positive feedback loop implies an evolutionary pattern of divergent genetic drift to high or low GC contents.’
- 1.1Electronics The return of part of an output signal to the input, which is in phase with it, so that the amplifier gain is increased and often the output is distorted.
- ‘Positive Gli autoregulation enables a bistable switch, but positive feedback also amplifies noise within a system.’
- ‘Thus, positive feedback between two bipolar junction transistors is reduced and then latch-up is eliminated.’
- ‘This positive feedback mechanism would act to maintain the direction of flow.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips