Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A marine crustacean which resembles a large shrimp.
- ‘These included king crab, Phuket lobster, oysters, river prawns and yabbies.’
- ‘I get confused between giant prawns, crayfish and langoustine, but these were gigantic.’
- ‘I was drawn to the king prawn trilussa - prawns in a white wine and rosemary sauce served on a large bed of rice.’
- ‘Take a torch with you, because within the crevices you'll find loads of prawns, shrimps and the odd lobster.’
- ‘Over the years we have bought lobsters, prawns, crabs and scallops on the shore outside the house, direct from the boats that landed them.’
Late Middle English of unknown origin.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips