A steroid hormone released by the corpus luteum that stimulates the uterus to prepare for pregnancy.
- ‘You stick it on your skin and it releases two hormones - oestrogen and progesterone.’
- ‘During pregnancy, the amount of two female hormones, oestrogen and progesterone, increases.’
- ‘The ovaries also produce the female hormones, oestrogen and progesterone.’
- ‘In girls, the female hormones oestrogen and progesterone are produced in the ovaries.’
- ‘Ovulation will not occur and there will be no formation of a corpus luteum to secrete progesterone and oestrogen.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips