Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A style of Muslim devotional music now associated particularly with Sufis.
- ‘Here's a page on Sufi music, including qawwali and the Sabri Brothers.’
- ‘He is a veteran of over 1,500 qawwali and ghazal programmes.’
- ‘More formal Muslim music forms, such as the qawwali and ghazal, continue to be popular in the region today.’
- ‘Also, I am reading Farsi qawwali a lot these days - Sabri and Zia Alay Miskeen, to be precise.’
- ‘The qawwali form of music was devoted to singing in the ‘love’ of God by the Sufis.’
From Arabic qawwāli, from qawwāl ‘loquacious’, also ‘singer’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips