Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1North American informal In poor condition; shabby.
scruffy, well worn, worn, old, worn out, threadbare, moth-eaten, mangy, ragged, frayed, tattered, battered, decrepit, having seen better days, falling apart at the seams
- ‘she finally sold that raggedy-ass house’
- ‘They're making the connection between the money, manpower, and resources expended and how raggedy-ass the rescue effort has been.’
- ‘Mambo Italiano became a movie and Steve Galluccio laughed all the way to the bank at his raggedy-ass critics.’
- 1.1(of a person) new and inexperienced.
- ‘who taught you the moves when you were just a raggedy-ass waiter?’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips