Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
- proprietary term for zidovudine‘Ritonavir may be confused with Retrovir ® which is the brand name of zidovudine, an antiretroviral nucleoside which is also used in the treatment of AIDS.’
- ‘The drugs, Retrovir and Epivir are administered to health care workers within 24 hours of an accidental needle stick.’
- ‘The pharmaceutical company announced it would also reduce the price of Epivir, commonly known at 3TC and Retrovir, also known as AZT, by 45% and 38% respectively.’
- ‘A typical anti-HIV cocktail consists of one protease inhibitor, such as Kaletra or Viracept, and two nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors, such as Zerit, Retrovir, and Videx.’
- ‘Yesterday the UK drug behemoth launched its reformulated Aids medicine Trizivir, based around three existing drugs, namely Ziagen, Epivir and Retrovir.’
1980s abbreviation of retrovirus.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips