Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A power tool with a shaped cutter, used in carpentry for making grooves for joints, decorative mouldings, etc.
- ‘He needs a variety of power tools, drills, routers, circular saws, jigsaws and packets of blades.’
- ‘But shapers are expensive and routers lack the power to cut the profile in one pass.’
- ‘That equipment included glass and mat cutters, a frame chopper, router and other tools.’
A device which forwards data packets to the appropriate parts of a computer network.
- ‘By sending malformed control messages a cracker could cause devices such as VoIP routers running the vulnerable software to reload.’
- ‘The network routers do not know if the packets they forward contain healthcare information or movies.’
- ‘Testing with a router and a notebook computer in the empty townhouse before we moved in, the signal looked good initially.’
- ‘‘This was caused by an as yet unexplained simultaneous failure of a number of critical routers in our network,’ it said.’
- ‘Because it's plugged into a broadband router rather than your computer, you don't even need to have your computer switched on to use it.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips