1 informal Fool about.
- ‘I just screw around with sound effects and music’
- ‘I should just stop screwing around with the template, huh?’
- ‘The rest of the weekend was spent screwing around with my computer.’
- ‘I was looking forward to a nice relaxing evening of screwing around with some new software, but it was not to be.’
- ‘I was screwing around on the guitar, and I came up with this riff and the lyrics are very personal.’
- ‘I would prefer to be criticised for new things, screwing around with new formats.’
- ‘Through the years I always took an interest in pop music and I would listen to bands that really had a great melodic aesthetic, but really screwed around with it a little more.’
- ‘I've done nothing but screw around all day, I haven't even transcribed any of my notes.’
- ‘Make up a story, screw around with it, needle the characters, make them say weird stuff, insert new people at inopportune moments and have fun.’
- ‘I don't even know, we just always screw around, and people think that's flirting.’
- ‘Another fellow stays late, never screws around, but still gets less done.’
- 1.1screw someone around, screw around someoneCause someone problems, especially by acting unfairly or indecisively.
- ‘why are you screwing me around like this?’
2 vulgar slang Have many different sexual partners.
3screw something around, screw around somethingTurn one's head or body around sharply.
- ‘he screwed his head around to try and find the enemy’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips